Marketing videos have taken a place in every company’s marketing strategy, and the easiest way to share them is online. You can use different social media platforms, as well as YouTube and other video hosting channels like Vimeo.
However, the use of video on social media has skyrocketed over the past few years, and there are a few reasons:
- The number of social media users just keeps increasing every year
- Online audiences prefer video to text, as well as other visual formats
- Number of businesses who agree that video has the best return on investment (ROI) ratio has increased as well
Diode Digital found that video promotion is 600% more effective than print and direct mail combined. They also found that, before reading any text, 60% of site visitors will watch a video if available.
Additionally, viewers remember marketing videos better than any other content. Back in 2007, Online Publishers Association found that 80% of viewers recall a video ad they have seen in the past 30 days. Furthermore, 26% of viewers look for more info about the product after watching a video, 22% visit the product site, 15% visit the brand site, and 12% make the purchase.
Business execs prefer watching video, too. Specifically, WeCapture discovered that 59% of senior executives prefer video over text, while according to Forbes 75% of executives watch videos while working, and 65% navigate over to a site after viewing a related YouTube video.
Where Exactly Should You Market Your Videos?
It might seem that way, but just making a marketing video and sharing it on every social channel isn’t good enough for your strategy. To have a successful video marketing strategy you need to think about the ways you can alter your content to suit the platform.
Part of this plan needs to define the best online video marketing and sharing platforms for your target audience. This means you will need to research your audience, find out which platforms they prefer and then develop your content using best practices for that specific channel.
Although you will have better success if you post your video content to more than one channel, you need to do so carefully. If you upload your videos to websites that your target audience doesn’t use, you will waste a lot of time and resources without seeing the real results. This is why research is crucial. You need to know which sites your audience is using and how to best leverage those platforms for your video marketing campaigns.
Today, we will share tips specifically related to selected platforms to help you adapt your marketing videos to each of them.
Which Video Marketing Channels Work for Your Brand and Target Audience?
- Incorporate your brand identity into all video content you produce. This way, users will associate the video with your brand even when someone else shares it.
- You should upload videos directly to Facebook. Research and analytics have shown that Facebook prefers native video, so your video will reach a lot more people if you post it directly to Facebook, as opposed to sharing a YouTube link.
- If you’re looking to get as many views as possible, you should pin a video to the top of your company’s Facebook page.
- Incorporate accessibility options like transcriptions for effective video marketing.
- Keep your video content short and engaging. Consider doing a small story to captivate your audience.
- Remember that many Instagram videos will be seen without sound. Make your visuals tell the story.
- Use IGTV for longer content.
- Use Snapchat if your audience is mostly Gen Z – they are the ones who use Snapchat the most.
- Keep videos focused on current events.
- Make your videos playful, add emojis, notes, and use all creative tools at your disposal.
- As Twitter is usually used for commenting on current events and news, your Twitter videos should be made in the same manner.
- Don’t opt for a long intro but rather grab your audience quickly by getting to your point straight away.
- Include captions or subtitles.
- Feel free to repost the same content several times.
- This platform is ideal for stories, so make sure you use visual storytelling, as well as that you have a compelling story to share with your audience.
- Include key information in the first 10 seconds of the video.
- If you are making a brand awareness video, don’t let it be longer than 30 seconds.
Tips for Sharing Marketing Videos on YouTube
YouTube is the second largest search engine, with almost 2 billion active users. But with over 23 million YouTube channels, the competition it tough. It is a very powerful video marketing tool, but only if you use it wisely.
Here are the top tips to create YouTube content that works:
- Know your competition
- Learn from popular channels
- Video optimization
- Content schedule
- Analyze feedback
What About Other Video Hosting Platforms?
Even though YouTube is a strong marketing video platform, it is not the only one. Here are some other sites you may want to consider for your video marketing campaign:
- Vimeo is an ad-free platform, which keeps your viewers focused on your content.
- Daily Motion is a site similar to YouTube, but it is mostly used by Europeans.
- Metacafe is ideal for funny and short videos. If your brand creates playful and informal videos, this is the best place for you.
If you want to have a successful video marketing campaign online, you need to have a plan. This includes knowing your audience and their favorite sites. Once you know the platforms you want to target, it will be easy to find out what are the best practices for creating video for these channels. For example, your Instagram videos should be short and sweet, while you can create longer videos for Facebook or YouTube.
Sticking with the best practices for each social media platform will help you create video marketing content that works.
Want to know more? Get-in-touch with one of our creative digital consultants for a free consultation.
Tags: Video Marketing