Video elements are just a portion of your marketing plan to reach consumers and build your brand. However, statistics show they are a very important part of the process. In fact, using video for marketing purposes leads to 66 percent more leads per year.
However, to create a compelling video you need to start with a plan. This means you need to define an objective for the video and then measurable steps to achieve it. Without a plan or ways to gauge your success, you will just be wasting time, money and energy on video creation. A recent report on video marketing found that one of the biggest obstacles to a successful video marketing campaign was a lack of strategy.
Why Use Video in Marketing?
Video has become one of the most powerful tools to connect with your audience. Research has found that 70 percent of consumers who have watched a video about a product will go out and buy that product.
A single video can meet several goals for the company including:
- Improve customer engagement
- Develop more brand awareness
- Educate consumers
- Create leads
- Increase revenue
Types of Marketing Videos
When you decide what’s your video’s objective, you’ll know which video type to create. Here is a brief breakdown of what type of video will fit your marketing goals.
Videos which explain how to get the most from your product or service can be a good way to connect with your audience. The types of video that fit this objective include explainer videos, demonstration videos, instructional or FAQ videos.
- Brand awareness – Entertaining or emotional videos, brand videos or even demonstration videos, can help you create more awareness of your brand.
- Improving engagement – Creating that connection with your audience can help a company meet several goals including increased brand loyalty and sales. Some of the best types of videos for this objective are user-generated videos or short entertaining or emotional videos. Keeping these videos short can also encourage others to share your content via social media.
- Generating leads – Getting users to subscribe or visit your website is one of the biggest objectives for video marketers. Videos that are part of a series, interviews or advice videos or even inspiration videos can help your brand create leads.
- Increasing revenue – If convincing consumers to buy your products is your biggest marketing objective, customer testimonials, and product videos are the types that work best.
Video can help you create a powerful marketing machine that connects to consumers. Additionally, it engages your audience, cultivates leads and increases your company’s revenue.
Brands that develop a solid strategy and plan for their video content, know what they want to achieve and how to measure it and use the best video type are companies with the most successful video marketing teams.
It all begins with a plan. So what’s yours?
Want to know more? Get-in-touch with one of our creative digital consultants for a free consultation.
Tags: Online video marketing, video, Video Marketing