Getting started with social media marketing for your small business can seem like an overwhelming task at first but it can be a lot more simple than you might think if you break it down. You don’t actually have to be a social media marketing expert to be successful with using social media marketing to promote your business. Here are a few tips to help you out.
Which Social Media Sites Should You Use?
The top social media sites that you’ve probably heard about by now are the following: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram. You do not need to use all of these social media sites to market your business. It’s best to choose your top 2 or 3 to focus on so that you don’t spread yourself too thin across too many sites.
If your business is in a niche that works with a lot of visuals to drive your customers into buying your products or using your services then sites like Pinterest or Instagram will work really well for your brand. If your business is more service based or B2B based then sites like Facebook and Twitter will work best.
What Should You Post?
When it comes to posting, you need to make sure that you don’t overwhelm your audience by posting too often, or non-relevant information. You need to keep your audience interested in what you have to say in order to drive them to your website and make a purchase.
You need to post information that is relevant and helpful for your target audience. Aim at posting 25% promotional content and the remaining 75% of your content should be based on beneficial information such as; great quotes or images, diy tips, how to information, helpful blog posts, free resources and more.
How to Use Social Media Marketing to Promote Your Business
There are many different approaches you can take when it comes to social media marketing and advertising your business. Once you’ve decided which social media sites to use to promote your business, it’s time to start gaining fans and followers. In order to generate a large following, you can use many different methods. You can choose to create and post ads for a more direct and quick approach to getting your target audience to like your social media sites. You can also choose to build a targeted following slowly by using offline techniques and online techniques like networking in like minded groups and connecting with industry leaders.
In order to help grow your loyal following, you should have your social media sites listed everywhere you can online and offline including:
– Your email signature
– Your business cards
– Forum and blog comments
– Your website and contact page
-Local ad sites and papers
Social media marketing for small businesses can be a fun and effective way to generate leads and sales if done properly. The most important thing to remember is that you need to make your posts fun, interactive and make people curious about what it is you have to offer.
Tags: digital marketing
You might also like
- 3 Key Areas that help to Track Video Marketing Success March 7, 2019
- Why Marketing Analytics Are As Critical As Web Analytics November 9, 2018
- 3 Key Areas You Should be Measuring to Track Video Marketing Success August 1, 2018
- Improve your Video Marketing Campaign Using Instagram’s IGTV Feature July 7, 2018
- Top Social Media Platforms- Which One is the Best for Your Videos? July 1, 2018
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Use Video in Advertising July 1, 2018
- How to Advertise a Facebook Community Using Video June 18, 2018
- Most Common YouTube Mistakes that Bloggers Make June 9, 2018
- How to Promote YouTube Vlog From Scratch June 2, 2018