Bringing the latest technology reviews to its readers, Digitallagos.tv is back this time showcasing the newly launched Mac OS at the WWDC ’15. In the previous edition I discussed the chief features of the newly launched iOS 9. We shift our focus to the entity that is vital for the Mac based systems i.e. the MAC OS. This release gets its name from a rock in the Yosemite National Park in California, United States – El Capitan. The OS is preceded by the OS X Yosemite. A Mac user understands the importance of a new OS and eagerly waits for it. Here we bring you 5 reasons that will exhilarate you about this upcoming release:
1. Experience and Performance
It is said to be more powerful than ever and is designed to bring advancements in each of the tasks that were being performed using a Macbook. If we talk about the adoption rate of computer based operating systems, Yosemite had the highest rate. Since the El Capitan is an enhancement to Yosemite, Apple believes that it will levitate Mac experience to new heights. Apple has also brought Metal to Mac in this release. Metal will give games and apps a direct access to the graphics processor of your system, which will deliver a richer level of realism.
2. Split View
Have you read it before? Yes you must have in our previous edition where we talked about iOS 9. The split view has been extended to Mac based systems with this release. A Mac user who is very much used to the 3 finger upward swipe understands the significance of this feature. Now you can focus on two different things at the same time. Heavenly?
3. Mission Control: There’s whole lot of space
Need I say more? The previous mission control was just awesome when it comes to space management. The new one, even more incredible. All the open apps are arranged and stacked on the screen giving you a realistic feel as if you’ve spread your work assignments on your desk.
4. Smart Spotlight Search
Like I said in my last post, this is the new genie. Now more helpful and versatile. You can make it your own friend and search for things in a friendly way. Like ‘email from John in May’, ‘Pages that I worked on yesterday’, ‘Weather in Cupertino’. The smart search does all for you. It’s like asking a colleague sitting next to you or asking your assistant about your belongings. Absolute sweetness.
5. Improved Inbuilt Apps
- Mail – The Mail app has now become gesture operated. Swipes that worked for your iPad and iPhone will work for Mac too. Mark as read, Archive, Trash – All done with a swipe of the finger. It will also suggest you to add certain people and events based on your previous communications.
- Photos – New third party extensions will be available right in the photos app. The extensions will be available for download from the App Store.
- Safari – Your favorite sites now can be pinned on the top browser bar. Keeping them handy. A video on a web page can be played on a bigger screen using AirPlay without sharing the webpage. Now this is great innovation.
- Notes – Notes are now bundled with features. You can scribble, add photos, add checklists with a click and lot more. All your notes will be available across all your devices via iCloud.
- Maps – Maps now have the transit view. So you get to see every minute details as you move. You find directions no your Mac, plan a trip and finish it on your iPhone. It’s all synced!
If you are a Mac user you surely would have enjoyed reading these exciting features that the new update to Mac OS will bring you right to your system. If you use windows, these might be influential for a smart buying choice. Stay tuned for more technology updates.