Do you have a voracious appetite for all things news? Are you totally plugged in to the news scene via Twitter and Facebook?
Digitallagos.TV is looking for a talented Content Editor to join its editorial team working either remotely or from our Lagos office. This is a part-time position, but the candidates must be able to commit 20 hours per week with the potential for full-time.
The successful applicant will write, edit and publish daily news, articles, and come up with original ideas for features for digitallagos’s web platform and ensure all areas of the website are fully maintained.
As well as contributing to the website, the Content Editor will also produce engaging content for digitallagos’s social media platforms on a daily basis.
- Produce unique writing and content for https://blog.digitallagos.tv website from exclusive interviews to original features that will drive reader loyality and engagement
- Have strong background working in relevant marketing subject matter, with full book of contacts across PR, performers, artists and institutions
- Producing engaging content for the digitallagos.tv social media accounts
- Collaborating with video editors, photographers, designers and produdcers on visual, audio and video content.
- Contributing creative ideas for engaging content that will inform and entertain audiance
- Maintaining the digitallagos.tv Youtube channel - publishing and titling videos
- Editing and publishing content from website content contributors
- Have experience in monitoring how your stories are performing online, to ensure we understand what is resonating with our audience
- Maintaining all sections of the website to ensure they are always correct and up to date
- Writing editorial and marketing newsletters
- Represent the title through public and media engagement
- Must have 1-2 years previous exprience
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, English or something similar
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Thorough understanding of SEO, web copy right issues, web research
- Comfortable working in a high energy startupenvironment
Capabilities and Experience
The successful applicant will have previous experience working in a media environment.
We are looking for an exceptional writer – with exceptional grammatical skills and keen attention to details. A thorough knowledge of different social media platforms is required.
You will be confident in using a PC and have a good understanding of technology and Content Management System. Experience using photoshop and video editing software would be an advantage.
Compensation scaled on an individual, context-oriented basis. Suffice to say, someone that clearly demonstrates expertise relating to all of the above and experienced in online journalism will fare better than an undergraduate in need of clips and training – however, both ends of the spectrum are in demand for this position.
How to Apply
To apply for this position of Content Editor, please email a cover letter explaining what you will do with the role and including two examples of your writing to [email protected]